Currently

  • Feeling: Determined
  • Watching: This Is Us
  • Reading: Strengths Based Marriage

Pressing on

Monday, April 12, 2010

I had decided I didn't want to blog about the tragic events this weekend. I didn't want to give any more attention to the senseless acts of violence and terror. But the more I hear people grumble and complain and run the city into the ground the more I feel I can't keep silent.
Unfortunately, violence is a by-product of our times and imperfect society. And it happens EVERYWHERE. There is no city that isn't impacted by violence.
What makes a location a desirable place to live is how it's citizens react to such a tragedy. The choice is up to the people of Muskogee. Will we let it be defined by this incident and turn it over to those people who perpetrate such acts of violence? Or will we stand up and re-claim our city?
Don't sit idly by and complain about how the city is not the kind of place to raise a family. Do something about it. Stand up for your right to live in a city where such violence is not tolerated. Nor will we tolerate people harboring these fugitives. We will not raise a generation of children who have no regard for human life. We will not live in fear and intimidation.
Trust in the Lord. Reclaim what satan has stolen from us. He can only have what we give up willingly.
"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies." Psalm 18: 2 & 3.

0 comments: