Currently

  • Feeling: Determined
  • Watching: This Is Us
  • Reading: Strengths Based Marriage

Matthew 9:13

Monday, September 9, 2013

Matthew 9:13 in the New King James reads: But go and learn what this means: "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

When I read that I think about all the times I've "hidden" from the Lord because of sin. It's times when I've felt that I really failed the Lord with my sinful ways that I try to avoid Him. Yet those are the times I need Him most and the times He longs for me to return to Him.

I know the Lord longs for me to walk rightly and follow where He leads, but He's not a God who says this is your last chance or one more mistake and you're out. He's the one true God who desires mercy and calls the sinner to Him and to repentance.

Lord, help me to run to you at all times....even those times I feel dirty with sin. I know my only hope and salvation is in YOU. Amen

0 comments: